<< HOME
 
toxic jobs

Personal stories about toxic jobs and workplace woes.


June 11, 2011

Sad sacks at work

As sympathetic as co-workers and supervisors can be, there is a limit to what they can tolerate and having a sad sack or a mad cow in their midst is not good for morale or productivity and Delores, 48, needs to seek medical or psychological help for her problems.

“Right now, I’m going through a difficult separation from an abusive husband – as well as dealing with the menopause,” explains Delores, “and as much as I believe in keeping my professional and personal lives separate, is not always possible to keep quiet about terrible things that are happening in your private life when you have to spend 8 hours with people every day.”

“It just spills over whether you mean it to or not.”

“I did advise my supervisor of my separation before the terrible incident at work happened – when my abusive husband turned up at work and harassed me,” says Delores, “and she was sympathetic, but it was only after the incident happened that I was offered leave from work.”

“In abusive marital situations such as mine it takes more than a few days or a few weeks to sort things out,” sighs Delores. “It takes years. Sometimes it takes a lifetime.”

“If my ex is not going to spend time in prison for his assaults on me, then I will definitely have to seek medical and psychological help for the incredible stress I have to endure from him,” says Delores. “Also, it’s not fair that my co-workers have to be exposed to the troubles in my life - I am sure they have their own problems to deal with.”

Read more by Delores on this situation:

  • mad cows

  • a wounded, divided life

  • menopausal mad cow

  • mad old cows at work





  • Labels: , , , , , , ,


    Copyright 2006-2014 all rights reserved Toxic Jobs



     

    Index

    Index A-Z Toxic Jobs and Workplace Woes

    Previous 10 Stories